As the only major U.S. trade association focused exclusively on promoting trade and investment ties between the U.S. and Africa, CCA has unrivalled expertise on trade and investment issues. Our team members have been intimately involved in the design and execution of U.S. policies designed to promote trade and investment ties with Africa, ranging from the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) to Prosper Africa. CCA has also been at the forefront of supporting the development of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), which will create a harmonized, integrated continental market that is already unlocking Africa’s commercial potential and creating significant opportunities for American and African companies.
CCA is at the nexus of these various developments and is uniquely placed to bring together U.S. and African government leaders with companies to talk through how best to pursue opportunities in key sectors and individual markets. Over its 30 years of excellence in improving U.S.-African commercial ties, CCA has:
- Hosted 15 iterations of the U.S.-Africa Business Summit. This signature event is now the premier event on the annual business calendar for U.S. and African companies to meet each other, and talk directly to senior government officials, including Heads of State.
- Co-hosted the U.S.-Africa Business Forum as part of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit in December 2022, which brought leaders from 49 countries to Washington D.C. to meet their counterparts.
- Organized the AGOA Private Sector Dialogues, providing critical private sector input into annual meetings between U.S. and African trade officials.
- Hosted hundreds of visiting delegations in Washington, New York and around the United States to highlight specific opportunities in critical countries and sectors.
- Organized numerous trade missions to more than a dozen countries.
- Provided thought leadership through appearances and testimony before Congress, participation in high-level events and publication of opinion pieces and white papers.
CCA is currently focused on supporting practical measures to expand U.S.-Africa trade and investment ties, including through supporting the renewal of AGOA, providing private sector input into AfCFTA negotiations on important protocols such as investment, and working with U.S. and African partners to spell out practical ways to create a more strategic U.S.-African trade and investment partnership.
Read more about our latest session "Strategic Approaches to Deepen U.S.-African Trade and Investment" featured at the 2023 U.S.-Africa Business Summit in Gaborone, Botswana.
CCA is a member of the AGOA Renewal and Enhancement Alliance (AREA), which include leaders of the African Diplomatic Corps in Washington, D.C. and key trade associations who discuss the importance of renewing AGOA early (in 2023) for as long as possible (not less than ten years). CCA will continue to work closely with supporters to highlight the importance of renewing AGOA as a means of supporting the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) and the creation of regional value chains in Africa. Interested companies are welcome to contact CCA about getting involved. Please email: email@example.com for more information.
Click here for the one-page summary of the AREA strategy.
Click here to read more about the "AGOA and the Future of U.S. Trade" session hosted by the Atlantic Council at the 2023 U.S.-Africa Business Summit in Botswana.