AfCFTA Business Forum: "Let's Build Africa Together"
On Monday, April 18, 2023, Florie Liser participated in a fireside chat to kick off the panel “Her AfCFTA: Women Driving Intel-Africa Trade in partnership with the UNDP.” She offered some practical observations based on her experience in promoting trade both on how to promote more participants of women in trade, and on what more can be done to expand trade and investment between U.S. and African companies.
During the second day of the conference, Ms. Liser spoke as a panelist for the “Doing Business in Africa: Investment protection and facilitation under the AfCFTA” session.
This session was structured to offer in-depth analysis, discussions and debate on key issues affecting investment facilitation and protection in the continent, and suggest policy solutions to help overcome and resolve the challenges in order to achieve the objectives of the AfCFTA Agreement and enhance the overall economic development agenda for Africa. It gave an opportunity to hear what investors are looking for and their challenges and opportunities. The session also provided a platform for participants to make recommendations aimed at targeted strategic actions to increase the participation of African investors in the continent and increase intra-African as well as quality and sustainable investment in-flows into the continent.
The session panelist included:
- Sim Tshabalala, CEO, Standard Bank
- Florizelle Liser, CEO, Corporate Council for Africa
- Mouhamed Kebe, Attorney and Managing Partner of GENI & KEBE, member of DLA Piper Africa,
- Michael Punke, Vice President Global Public Policy, Amazon Web Service
- Lerato Mataboge, Deputy Director-General for Export Promotion, Development and Outward Investments, Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa
- Agostinho Kapaia, Angolan Businessman